Inspired by the home of high-tech
We fitted this relaxed Californian bungalow with smart, cutting-edge technology. Our future-proof solution combined diverse technologies from areas of security, data, entertainment, lighting and much more.
- Clipsal C-Bus lighting control
- Switch Automation interactive touch screen
- Philips Pronto system controller
Security & Access
- Ness M1
- Ness motion sensors
- Ness Reed sensors
- Microlatch wireless keyfobs & receivers
- Photoelectric beam sensors to gates & driveway
- Electric strikes & locks to entry doors & gates
Communications & Data
- National Communications intercom system
- 10 Gigabit data network cable infrastructure
- Apple iMac Computer
- UPS Power backup system
- 50” Wall-mounted plasma display
- Home theatre system including DVD player
- Discreet flush mounted in-ceiling speakers
- Media Center
- Clipsal C-Bus wall switches & sensors
- Clipsal C-Bus relay & dimmer modules
- Specialised internal & external light fittings
- Fujitsu reverse cycle air conditioning system
- Jetmaster fireplace controllable by C-Bus
- Custom electrical switchboard & C-Bus enclosures
- Velux motorised window & skylight blinds
This charming Californian bungalow home, located in a leafy bayside Melbourne suburb, features many technological marvels that work with its traditional frontage and contemporary extension.
The design had to satisfy the client’s budget and a need for a reliable and practical solution with audio visual, data, telephone, intercom, lighting and security needing to be integrated.
The client was technically savvy and understood the need for the home to be cabled adequately to allow for both current and future technologies. A high speed 10 gigabit data network provides the backbone and infrastructure to allow all-house connectivity and media streaming together with a wireless network for laptops and other mobile devices.
Internal and external lighting was integrated with the home automation and security systems keeping the family safe and secure.
Clipsal C-Bus switches and motion sensors, together with logic and an astronomical clock and scheduling allowed the lighting to operate as per predetermined schedules established in the design phase.
Lighting and irrigation operate as a function of movement, time of day, season, security status, sunrise or sunset. Landscape lighting illuminates the front and rear gardens providing an attractive entertainment area to the rear patio.
Keychain remotes activate and provide access through front and rear motorised gates and main entry door. Lighting scenarios are triggered when the security system is armed or disarmed as per predetermined requirements.
The system is also configured to prompt visitors to leave a message when nobody is home and can also be configured to call a mobile phone. The audio visual system also entertains the family without impacting the design of the living spaces.
Want to enhance your life and home? Learn more about our smart home automation systems.