Creating smarter, more efficient and more sustainable townhouses in Melbourne's inner-suburbs
Tailor Projects, a boutique property developer delivering exceptional residences in Melbourne, needed a technology partner for the development of 10 townhouses in the inner-city suburb of Preston. At ITA, we provided a complete integrated technology solution which matched Tailor Projects' vision and style.
- Clipsal C-Bus lighting control
- Crestron interactive touch screen
- Crestron AV control system
Communications & Data
- Central system integrated intercom
- 10 Gigabit data network cable infrastructure
- Apple iPads
Security & Access
- Ness Security system
- Motion sensors
- Ness Reed sensors
- Ness wireless keyfobs & receivers
- Photoelectric beam sensors
- Electric strike & lock to entry gates
- Specialized discreet security cameras
- Clipsal C-Bus wall switches & sensors
- Clipsal C-Bus relay & dimmer modules
- Central system controlled HVAC system
- Central system controlled motorised window blinds
- Central system garage door control
- Central system control for automated irrigation system
A complete integrated technology solution
The team at ITA helped Tailor Projects to create a complete integrated technology solution. Their long term plan is to develop a process and design which allows all Tailor Projects homes to be equipped with smart technology as a standard inclusion rather than as an optional upgrade.
Tailor Projects had already researched smart technology and had gained a good understanding of what was possible. However, they needed the extra technical knowledge and experience that only ITA could provide in order to make the best possible smart home packages.
This was the first project ITA and Tailor Projects had worked together on. However, they are now using ITA’s knowledge and experience to help streamline the design process, so they can meet their long term plans with future developments.
The process was straightforward and hassle-free
The consultation process was very detailed with the scope document giving Tailor Projects a clear direction with functionality and goals that were to be met. During the build process, if there were any questions, they could always refer to the scope of the works.
Tailor Projects had very specific requirements for this project. The first one was having the blinds controlled by the smart automation system. Another important requirement was the user interface screen layout and functionality. Tailor Projects were very specific with these and happy with the outcome.
All of Tailor Projects' needs were met and a little bit more. The team at ITA are perfectionists and gave them more features than they asked for because it made sense to them.
Want to know more? Check out our home automation page.